After nine posts, there hardly seems to be anything that I haven’t recounted already, but I thought a year-round up post is necessary; one which talks about the twelve top-of-my-mind things which happened in the year. Apart from the rather hyped apocalypse of course – which well, didn’t happen.
Thank the heavens I didn’t follow my initial idea and spend everything I have before the 21st!
Here are my highlights:
- I quit my second job. One that I really loved. Made a choice.
- I worked with one of the largest and most prestigious brands in the history of aviation – British Airways. I’m very proud of the work we did for them, and the fact that I was a part of it. ❤
- Celebrated three years of the Orange Tree. Wrote over 100 plus blog posts this year.
- Finally bought a ‘Hogwarts Alumni’ t-shirt. God bless you Shirt Mogul.
- Got seriously obsessed by television series – Criminal Minds, Master-chef Australia, Game Of Thrones, Sherlock, The Newsroom. This has been such a good year.
- Read. Voraciously. Became a committed fan of George R. R. Martin – currently on book four of his widely popular series – ‘A Feast For Crows’.
- Was brave. Mustered the courage to tell someone how I felt. The results are immaterial.
- Began plotting routes via maps on iPhone for travel in rural Oman. Twice. They don’t call me ‘Navigator’ for nothing!
Was the chef of the house. For two weeks.The success of my ventures has inspired me to work on a little recipe book. ‘Easy-Recipes-for-People-Who-Stay-Away-From-Home,-Love-To-Eat-And-Don’t-Want-To-Get-Obese’.
Yes, I have to work on an alternate name.
- Made Omani friends at work. Revived my spoken Arabic slightly.يفهم؟
- Ad Astra Per Aspera. Mine own. I have an excellent idea for the next one, but I’m still debating it.
- Moved to Muscat after leaving it nine years ago.
The penultimate one: 12 favourite photographs clicked in the year