So here we are.
At the end of another year. Recollecting how it whooshed past, making us older and wiser.
At the brink of 2013, I cannot foresee what lies ahead, but I know that this year will be important – I will turn 26, two dear friends will get married, several epic movies will release and I hope various other exciting things will happen.
As is customary, it is time to write that resolution post. The one in which I annually make promises to myself. I have decided to call them ‘goals’ this year. Resolutions just sound too dreamy to come true. Hence, I have made a few amends to my list.
For example: The violin/cello classes have been removed, as has the foreign language. Not because I want them any less, but because other things need to be achieved first. I promise they will be back.
My must-achieves for this year:
- Get a grip on my spoken Arabic. Since I can already read and write, it shouldn’t be that difficult.Take lessons if possible.
- Get my international driving license in Oman. I cannot even begin describe how frustrating it is to be asking people to ferry me around the city. This HAS to happen.
- Learn to cook Italian food. Given that quality ingredients and an almost professional kitchen are in such close proximity. Also, begin compiling some of Ma’s recipes into the book I spoke of in a previous post.
- Go sailing. Even if I’m not at the helm. With Oman’s abundant coasts, this should be an easy one.
- Lose weight. Seriously, this time.
- Take a trip with friends. If that cannot happen, then travel to someplace on my own.
- Save money. I have a certain number in mind.
- Celebrate my parents’ 30th wedding anniversary with as much noise as I can manage
- Figure out my diploma programme. Research it, give the examinations, weigh the options.
- Visit a country in the Middle East that I haven’t been to yet. Like Jordan.
- Write more than 100 posts, like I did this year!
- Plan and execute the long impending Europe trip with parents
- Go scuba-diving more often. I haven’t donned the gear since my certification.
13 for 13.
From my work computer and a flash drive full of movies and TV series, I wish you a Happy New Year!